Monday, October 24, 2011

Baby Jeggings and Peanut Butter Blackouts

I'm a proud mama who loves to show off my baby! I'm soooo happy the weather has cooled off but mostly because Roxi can fit her baby jeggings now and I'm obsessed with them! One thing I always said I wanted for my baby was clothes I would wear, but baby size. Baby clothes tend to go too far with the bows and ruffles and STUFF. But these pants are the one!  Baby jeggings are genius. Practical and fashionable. I think every baby should have them. Macy's has some, the children's place has them, even walmart has them! My favorite ones are from the children's place. 







 Another thing I'm proud of is a beautiful concoction I cooked up this weekend... We used to eat these amazing peanut butter bars topped with melted chocolate chips growing up... Since WIC has fully stocked my cupboards with peanut butter to last us through the millennium, I thought re creating this childhood dessert would put that butter to good use! Of course I can never just follow a recipe , I always manage to convince myself that adding my own pinch of this or dash of that will somehow improve a perfectly good recipe. And if you pull up my recent google searches, "substitution for..." will come up all too often because I always want to make what I don't have all the ingredients for! I fail alot, but today I did good! The outcome, what I like to call peanut butter blackout bars.  caution: may cause sugar coma.  I made these for a bbq we threw together on saturday with some friends and neighbors. Someone said that this dessert was the highlight of their week. And the 9x13 pan was scraped clean...safe to say, I did good. Here's what ended up in it: 

1 cup butter 
2 cups peanut butter 
1 2/3 confectioners (powdered) sugar 
3 1/2 cups of Oreo cookies crushed 

Topping: 
1/3 cup milk 
1 cup chocolate chips 
1cup heath toffee bits 

 Melt butter and peanut butter, remove from heat. Add confectioners sugar and cookie crumbs. Mix well. Pour into 9x13 pan and chill. In separate pan heat chocolate chips, toffee(save some to sprinkle on top) and milk. Pour over set crust sprinkle with the toffee that was set aside and chill again until firm. partake and proceed to sugar coma. The original recipe called for gram crackers...and no toffee. But I work with what I got, and this time it worked well!


And I thought I'd throw in a classic bath flick that we can show her dates when they come to pick her up in the FAR future. 


Oh and I can finally post this picture now because one of my best friends who I made these for finally got them in the mail. 

She's having a boy in the beginning of November and they've been calling him Baby Bronco. So these are my 3 interpretations of broncos for her little boy. 

It's hard to name my blog posts lately because they are so all over the place! 

2 comments:

Paige said...

The bath pic is especially precious! Your baby girl is soooo cute!

Candace said...

You posted the recipe for those heavenly bars...YES!! Oh, and Roxi looks adorable. As always. :)