Tuesday, October 11, 2011

belated birthday flicks!

I know I'm 9 weeks and now 12 lbs late on these, but we're kinda caught up in other things now! I wont put ALL the details, but if anyone wants to know them, I have no shame; ask and I will share! My water broke around 7:45 Sunday August 7th after eating dinner at Dez's parent's house. And it's true, YOU'LL KNOW if/when your water breaks...(i was at the hospital 3 days earlier because i thought my water was leaking.) I was so anxious and excited to go into labor because I wanted to know what it felt like... I wanted to trust my body and push my limits. After 15 hours of drug free back labor, Roxi Peone Enesa was born!

I delivered at Castle Medical center in Kailua, Hawaii and would highly recommend it to anyone giving birth on the island. I labored, delivered and recovered in one room equiped with everything including a jacoozi bathtub and bed for Dez to stay the night on. The staff was awesome and never once made me feel like the dumb first timer.  My Dr arrived after I had already started pushing and told me I was acting like I had 2 or 3 epidurals... I don't know if that was a compliment to my pain management skills or she just thought I was acting OUUUUUT of it.  Pushing felt surprisingly awesome. After 14 hours of breathing to cope with pain, it was nice to do something a little more productive to birthing a child, like PUSH. And PUSHING I did, for an hour and a half.  At one point the Dr and nurses had their backs turned and I saw on the monitor I was starting a contraction. I yelled to them "HEY IM PUSHING WHETHER YOURE GONNA HELP ME OR NOT SO YOU MIGHT WANNA COME BACK!" Dez then took charge and held both my legs open while coaching me to PUUUSH!  (He loves telling that part to everyone, he thought the laboring part was booooring...haha) Everyone (Dez, my sister in law Jamie, the dr, and the nurses) were telling me I was doing great... but I wasn't sure what that meant exactly, all I hoped was that it equated that I was almost done.

Dez's family was amazing support because none of my family could be there for the messy stuff. =) They've all since met Roxi via webcam except my younger sister Megan who sacrificed a week to spend cooped up in our apartment helping me without complaining that she didn't get to get her tan on at the beach.

For the first few days after delivery when I would nurse Roxi I would get shell shock cramps as my uterus contracted and I would think I was starting labor contractions! I would have to remind myself, that the pain is over (for now) and you have your baby, she's in your arms!lol I've since healed and forgot enough that I've told Dez that I think I could do it again...I don't know if Dez could. haha!
what just happened

swollen after her trip through the canal!

samoan feet! At least she won't be able to steal my shoes!

proud but pooped pops

Roxi's great grandma, great aunt and second cousin Telau

bundle of...BLISS

classic snoooozers

Thank you for all the support and prayers.  I feel truly blessed to have this BIG spirit yet tiny body in OUR home, in OUR family.  LOVE and LIFE have a whole new meaning. incredible

3 comments:

Jaimie said...

So fun! how exciting. No gunna lie, I was hesitant to read your birthing story...I've read/listened to two other friends' stories, and they were terrible and horrific! I shorta vowed never to listen to another birthing story again, until I had children of my own, haha. Needless to say yours was refreshing and enjoyable to read :)

Keola said...

I agree with Jaimie, its so nice to hear a positive birthing story. Your Roxy is pretty dang adorable. Good work.

The Pixton Family said...

So happy for you Cari! And delivering with no drugs? You are a rock star!