Tuesday, May 29, 2012

UP down ALL around

This is our direction in life these days. I was convinced to blog since all of our best friends have left hawaii or are in the process of leaving. So i guess we have the time now since we don't have any play dates. Boo. We are counting down till we get to visit California in June. Roxi finally gets to meet her Pimentel grandparents and bay area aunties and uncles! In the mean time we will quiz her on flash cards of who is who so she will "know" them and skip the whole getting to know you stage.


Roxi who is 9 1/2 months now Has 6 teeth, more than functional wind pipes and a mean bite! Her newest "thing" is sticking her fingers down her throat until she gags. I was trying to prevent her from vomiting, but decided to let her do it already so she'd learn why i was stopping her. She threw up, swallowed it and still won't stop =\ I've almost peed my pants watching her though. I bet that doesn't deter her at all. On a brighter note Roxi is standing solo and it's only a matter of time before she'll be walking. There's no stopping her! She no longer tolerates holding still long enough for a wardrobe nor diaper change. No i didn't shave her head to give her a mohawk. She chooses mom's skin and bones to snuggle up with over dad's muscles any day. Although she puts him to work and loves riding bikes with dad. I even get to hop on the skateboard and ride along.
How do you baby proof those?!



Des is still in school and working as a trainer at the gym. He's looking into internships to meet his graduation requirement and has some good leads! Des's schedule included a women's studies class that has opened his eyes to many new issues and actually likes a lot. I think he just likes to argue (because that's what a lot of the discussion turns into in that class).

I've been keeping busy with Roxi's and a few extra other little girls I'd been watching on and off. Roxi loves the comrodderie, or maybe all the snacks her older friends share with her... Either way it's been an experience watching multiples! At times it was a great birth control, but not at the same time, of that makes sense. In my rare moments to myself I've been busy with the glue gun making cell phone cases, head bands and home decor. One of these days I'll sell some stuff.

That's us for today anyway... We'll see next week
cell phone case
headband flowers

No comments: